Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let's Share!

In my first years of teaching I was constantly "reinventing the wheel"—crafting activities and materials that were already available somewhere. I just didn't know where. Now, the proliferation of search engines, blogs, youtube, and listservs has made sharing a given. This blog will be a compilation of insights and resources intended primarily for teachers of adult English language learners in a nonacademic setting. Please feel free to comment, especially if what I post here resonates with something you are using or have used in your teaching, either positively or negatively. It is my hope that we can all learn from each other.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I very much enjoyed reading your 'why I teach' section. What a gift to love your profession! All the best, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    Audio Concentration sounds great! I loved the game Concentration as a kid and I think my future students would have a lot of fun with it. I just visited the website and started a mini game myself! I'm glad you shared this because it's something I would love to use.

    -Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    I also wanted to include 2 useful resources that may work for your context. Worth looking into!

    1) ESL Lab: http://www.esl-lab.com/
    2) English Listening World: http://www.english-listening-world.com/

    ReplyDelete